|Joy Koi - Womens Ministry Director|
A MINISTRY FOR EVERY WOMAN:
“TOUCH A HEART AND TELL THE WORLD”
The Department of Women’s Ministries is committed to encouraging, challenging, equipping and nurturing Seventh-day Adventist women as they do their part in carrying the Gospel message
to the world.
The Spiritual vision of Women’s Ministries is to know Jesus passionately and to serve and disciple other women.
Statement of Purpose
The primary purpose of the Department of Women’s Ministries is to Nurture, facilitate, and support women in their Christian lives as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of His World Church. In consultation with administration and other departments of the church, the department share the responsibility for developing a global evangelistic strategy and provides training to equip the women of the church to uplift Christ in the church and in the world.
The Department of Women’s Ministries focus on the six challenge issues which are barriers that prevent women from reaching their full potential:
- Abuse and Violence
- Threats to Health
- Length of workday & poor working conditions
The Department of Women’s Ministries exists to uphold, encourage and challenge Adventist Women in their pilgrimage as disciples of Jesus Christ and member of His World Church.
Our mission is in the larger sense common to all Christians – that of uplifting Christ in the church and in the world. But more specifically, we are called to:
- Affirm women as persons created in the image of God and redeemed by His grace.
- Encourage women to deepen their faith that they may experience spiritual growth and renewal.
- Build networks among women to encourage bonds of friendship, mutual support, and the creative exchange of ideas and information.
- Monitor young women, encouraging their involvement, creating paths for them as they reach for their potential in Christ.
- Address the concerns of women in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic context.
- Bring women’s unique perspective to the issues facing the community and the church.
- Seek expanding avenues of dynamic Christian service for women.
- Challenge each Adventist woman to with her potential to compliment the gifts given to other men and women as they work side by side to further the Global Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church – that out of the fullness
we as women have personally found in Jesus Christ, we may be empowered to share the good new within our families, among our fellow believers, and in ever expanding circles in the unsaved world.
“The Lord has a work for women as well as for men. They may take their places in His work at this crisis, and He will work through them. ...
They can do in families a work that men cannot do, a work that reaches the inner life. They can come close to the hearts of those whom men cannot reach. Their labor is needed.” WelfareMinistry, p.145.
Thereby women who have found wholeness in Jesus Christ may be empowered to share the good news within their families, among their fellow believers and in ever expanding circles in the unsaved world.